Need a replacement street sign in Wiltshire?

Posted on: April 13, 2017

Increasingly, we’re being asked if we can replace damaged street signs. Yes, we can!

We’re not claiming credit for the sign in our banner picture, but recently we’ve been getting enquiries about replacing street signs in Wiltshire. With Wiltshire County Council under financial pressure, local parish councils are stepping in to effect repairs. As a well-establised local signmaker, we are being asked whether we’re able to help.

The answer is yes! We can supply die-pressed or polycarbonate street signs to the district council’s specifications.

The traditional die-pressed street nameplates are made from aluminium. The lettering is embossed on the metal to give the familiar raised effect. Stove enamelling and lacquering follows to give a highly durable, long-lasting finish.

More modern street name plates make use of polycarbonate. The text is applied to the rear of the clear polycarbonate layer which is then bonded to an aluminium backplate. Polycarbonate is an ideal material for street signs due to its toughness and weather resistance.

Missing and damaged street signs in your area

Councils can’t do anything about failing street furniture unless they’re told about it. They rely mainly on residents (or visitors) to report problems. So,  if you do spot a missing or damaged sign, don’t assume someone else has already pointed it out. Instead, get in touch with the relevant council.

If you’re not sure which council is responsible, use The Goverment’s handy web page to track them down. The district council may deal with the issue directly, or inform the appropriate parish council.

Street signs are just one type of the enormous range of signage Mirage Signs can supply, from school signs and business signs to aircraft graphics. Get in touch with our team and find out what we can do for you.


Comments are closed.

Popular products...

Do Not Touch
Buy now
Fire Door Keep Shut
Buy now
Flammable Solid
Buy now